Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Artist Statement!

I've always had a love for art. I love the thought of being able to make stuff that doesn't require so many words and still having it be meaningful. In my Elementary school I didn't really have an art class so I didn't really start out with knowing how to do a ton. Since my sister went to Nobles when I was in Elementary school she had art classes and she drew so many things it made me want to see if I could draw as well as she could. She drew big pictures of me sleeping, she would stay up just to see how I slept and to observe me so she could truly capture all the details. Her dedication made me want to explore and see if I could have that much passion and dedication for something, like she did.Throughout my Beaver career art has definitely been a big part. I feel that no matter who you are your work is appreciated and there's no right answer...that's something I really love about art and its what makes me want to make things and it's what drives me to become a better artist with everyday of practice that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment