Friday, February 25, 2011

ART 21; Compassion

William Kentridge:

I love how he says "im making this for myself..and the characters don't have to represent anything but themselves." He makes this art for himself and at first he said that he didn't make this for producers or anything so he didn't write a script or anything he just made it and it made sense to him.

I've never seen this type of art really being done and I find very cool and interesting.
I like how he bases most of his work through the jewish view, and how he holds that very important to him and allows him to get ideas, and be inspired.



 This is an example of his work...



This is also another piece that he made.






Doris Salcedo:

It's very different, but i like how she says she isn't "representing something directly, she is showing a little hint of it." She wants to be that voice that allows people too see what the victims go through.

She says that "as an artist she needs to let the people know the testimonies of the victims."
I love how passionate she is, she seems very dedicated in letting the victims stories be heard.
I love, how many quotes she makes me want to write down! she's so dedicated and she does what she does because she wants people to understand how to portray pain and sadness through art.




These are two of her pieces...




this is another one of her pieces!
so cool..

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 2 really great choices for you this week K! Love those chairs between the buildings...incredible, right? You seem to be getting so much out of watching these. I hope you'll continue to find great influences on Art 21.

    ReplyDelete