Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time Flies When you're having fun!...especially in art class :)

Ahh there is so much to talk about!

I've absolutely loved these past two terms and I wish they could not end. During art I've learned that I have a love for color and meaning and process. I've realized that if I feel good about my work that's all that really matters, I want to make art that means something special to me. I've learned to express myself through simple black and white pencil drawings and even exploring with the world of pastels. Its been an exciting and very eventful journey these past two terms and I am looking forward to advancing in my artistic talent.

Art class in general has always been sort of an escape from Beaver Country Day School, going from the stress of papers and quizzes to the enjoyment of painting and making collages is such an amazing freeing feeling that is irreplaceable here in school and just in general. I love being able to come in an have an atmosphere where being different is encouraged. Ever since I was younger I knew that I wanted to make art and to this day I don't see anything else that I like doing as much, I just need to find something that im good at to make me money! haha.

Back to how its helping me though, Art has definitely been a big help when it comes to understanding that even though I am different from the people around me and even though my priorities are really different from the average teenager I love the way I am and the way I've grown up and I wouldn't ever want to change that for the world. Making art about my life and my Christianity and my family really helps me accept that yes, i am different but I love it and here I'll show you what my life looks like. So in general art has helped me a lot and I am sure that it will continue helping me through life and as I face different struggles and challenges. So if you haven't noticed I basically LOVE art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment