Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Collaborative Drawings

Today in Art our task was to make a piece with a couple of specific tools and see where our imagination would take us. Later on we hear the teacher say "STOP!" and we put our utensils down and wait for the announcement, she told us to move 4 spaces down and then that we would continue on another idea we would now have to come up with, while working on the unfinished piece in front of us. The piece I left behind was no longer mine and the person working on it had freedom to do whatever they would like to do to it! At first I didn't know what to expect or what to do but after I started getting used to the next piece she asked us once again to move down 4 spaces and make something new out of what was already there. Unfortunately once I saw how my piece was being destroyed, I am not going to lie I was dissapointed and a little annoyed. I felt this way because I thought my idea had a good little story and it made sense and it was cute! After I saw black basically ALL over "my old work" I was annoyed but then I got over myself and it actually helped me try not to be in control all the time. It helped me loosen up and not be too attached when I make something, it is such a hard thing to do but my teacher was right. I have to be able to let my work go, and I  have to be able to handle mistakes. That was my experience with the assignment "Collaborative Drawings."

No comments:

Post a Comment